“Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
We’ve all made mistakes throughout our lives that haven’t exactly put us in the best light–like bullying someone in school or telling what seemed like a little white lie. Chances are, however, you probably felt a little guilt and grew because of the situation.
I’m an average guy trying to become better in both my student life and home life. I’ll never be perfect, but it doesn’t mean I won’t try.
We are all familiar with the saying, turning a new leaf but most people don’t really know what it means, what it stands for . Most people i’ve come in contact with often believe they will, somehow overnight become a better version of themselves.i’m not saying its not possible but its a process so here are some steps you can take to better your bring, mind you the road is though but the end result is “near-perfection”.
- COMPLIMENT YOURSELF: Every morning before you go on with your daily routine, take a couple of minutes to give yourself a compliment. Whether you compliment your outfit, haircut, or how you recently completed a task using your unique skill sets, giving yourself a little emotional boost will make you happy. And, when you’re happy with yourself, that emotion can be contacted by those around you.
- DON’T MAKE EXCUSES: Blaming your spouse, boss, or clients is fruitless and won’t get you very far. Instead of pointing fingers and making excuses about why you aren’t happy or successful in your personal or professional life, own your mistakes and learn from them. When you do this, you will become a better person.
- LET GO AND FORGIVE: Letting go of anger is easier said than done, but you cant let it fester. When this happens you may make unwise decisions, not only that but your health also is affected studies show that anger can cause digestion,problems, sleeping problems and even heart disease. To mange your anger you can either writte down your feelings, pray, or practice the mantra “i forgive you, i release you”.
- BE HONEST AND DIRECT: How would you feel if a loved one or business partner lied to you? Chances are you would see that as a violation of your trust. If you want to be a better person in either your personal or professional life, you should always tell the truth and state as clearly as possible what you are trying to convey. Learn to articulate your thoughts, feelings, and ideas in an open and honest manner.Also be polite when you want your feelings to be heard.
- LISTEN AND BE OPEN MINDED: When you give another person a voice by listening to them you open your mind to be impacted on. It makes you respectful even when you don’t agree on the persons opinion. A lot of the greatest deals happened because one person chose to listen.And new experience are gotten because keeping an open mind allows change as scary as it is come in and slowly you change for the better.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF: If you don’t understand a concept or idea, take the time to educate yourself on the current events. Ask a person intimately connected with the event for his or her thoughts. Remember, we’re all interconnected, and being aware of different cultures, different people, and what their lives are like can make you a more well-rounded individual. This will also help you understand points of view different from your own.
- BE YOURSELF: Be able to align yourself with your values and beliefs, establish your identity, build courage, create boundaries, and find focus and direction. Laugh! Be humorous! Do something that makes your heart happy and makes you feel like dancing.